Coronavirus concerns are flying faster than airborne pathogens. Fear not, TFI’s got you covered on tips and tricks for how to stay healthy throughout the flu and COVID-19 season.
To help prevent the spread of diseases, the CDC recommends everyday preventive actions, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Exercise improves overall fitness, which can help boost the immune system. Some studies reveal even moderate intensities of exercise can cut down the number of colds you get. Head out for a walk, hit the gym or bike a few miles to combat the flu season with your healthy mind and body.